Monday, February 28, 2005
- Dan: Call Tim with the specs on the Dell Laptop for his customer if possible. That customer is getting a little twitchy about the wait to get the work done.
- Dan: Pack up the Toshiba laptop and take it to the shop on your way into meet Pioneer in the morning. Let Scott know that we agreed on applying Arctic Silver to the CPU and testing to see if that reduces the thermal induction issue we're having with the overheating.
- Dan: Take that Dell PC to Sunset early AM before you meet with me and Tim at 10:30.
- Tommy: (DONE) Call Amy McKeown at VC3 about the Pio job; see about scheduling tech time at 11:30 for onsite support for merging the paging system with the new VOIP Cisco phone system.
- Scythe: Call Ken Woolard and check-in with him regarding this equipment replacement. If you're not comfortable with it, let me know and I'll call him... just remind me.
- Go to Pio tomorrow at 11:30 and finish job listed above.
- Drop Off Toshiba @ Office
- Setup Patsy's Office and Point Files
- Setup new Dell Desktop for Moses
- Configure Server for new client computers.
- Get Bank account and routing information for DD for Payroll.
- Process outbound weekend orders for eBay.
- (DONE) Call Jason Somers re: COD order.
- Process Red Barn order through CCT.
- Call Scott and get the Dell rep information for the guy who wants to take over our account.
- Get Invoices out to customers for payment.
- (DONE) Invoice B&A
- (DONE) Invoice DVC
- (DONE) Invoice SM
- Re-invoice the customers who had returned address information.
- Enter Dell payments from Scott into QB.
- Call Accountant and initiate direct-deposit on all accounts.
- Order USR 8003 from CDW.
- (DONE) Get new Dell for Moses setup and process the invoice.
- Dan: Start the quote for ICC through Dell.
- Get keys from Aimee next door.
- Install interior demark for DSL,
- Install Router
- Patch from Switch to P-Panel.
- Terminate office 2
- Tone test office 2
- Don't forget to meet with me or Scott the night before and get the Toner, Cabling, Keystones, and other related materials.
- Run the phone number from the Punch Down to the offices of the Sprint tech isn't going to do it.
- Call Sable about outsourcing locally to POS customers. Speak to Lupa or Patricia.
- Early Morning: Meet and go spec the Omni install at Klein's office.
- Go to Lowes' and get hardware.
- Begin Hardware install.
- Tommy: Call PCC and Edgecombe CC about recruiting part time labor from the Network Technology groups for independent project work.
- Make a small flier to pass to small restaurant chains here in town to offer WISP to customers. (WI-FI only, not WI-MAX).
- Contact the Pitt County Business Licensing Bureau to see if we can get access to a list of businesses who have applied for new business licenses in a given time period. This would be a good source of leads for install/terminate/drop jobs for part timers and to help float new business requirements.
Sunday, February 27, 2005
Saturday, February 26, 2005
Friday, February 25, 2005
Thursday, February 24, 2005
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
- Finish this pot if coffee. (In Progress)
- (Done) Call Bannag and have my morning chat.
- (Done) Update Turbo Lister and List this week's ads on eBay.
- (Done) Process eBay sales from last night.
- (Done) Have Dan go by Insurers Group and re-pitch the proposal to Waighty and hopefully get approval on a scaled down proposal.
- (Done) Have Pingbot check on the DSL installation update for IHOP and get an ETA.
- (Done) Make sure Pingbot has ordered the parts for the IHOP wireless install. (Client Bridge, WAP, Router & Switch, etc.)
- Have Pingbot call George Klein and attempt to setup a time on the COR install at his office.
- (Done) Have Dan bring me the toolboxes from the job the other day.
- (Done) Go to Lowes and pickup 2 more toolboxes.
- Order materials for network jobs from CCT for the new toolboxes.
- Call the finance lady and check on the status of our in-house financing.
- Enter the billable information from the mail that scott gave me and find out who still needs to pay us.
- (Done) Check with Pingbot on the progress at EC neurology, depending on the response from Senao on the WAP issues we had last weekend.
- (Done) Get the new laptop from the office for Tim.
- Get McFly on the email lists and get his contact information.
- Find out if Scott has talked to the accountant like I asked him to about getting Direct Deposit for everyone's checks.
- Call Logan's and see if they'd like to offer Wireless Internet Access in their bar/front dining section.
Monday, February 21, 2005
Sunday, February 20, 2005
Saturday, February 19, 2005
Friday, February 18, 2005
Wife 1.0 Operating System
HELP! - Tech Support
Dear Tech Support:
Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6 just don't run any more.
I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0,but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please help!
Dear Troubled User:
This is a very common problem that men complain about. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment program.
Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0.
It is impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system. Once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this.
Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony-Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife1.0 and work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background application "Yes Dear" to alleviate software augmentation. The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway. Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high Maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs, such as Clean And Sweep 3.0,Cook It 1.5 and Do Bills 4.2. However, be very careful how you use these programs.
Improper use will cause the system to launch the program NAG NAG 9.5!
Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software.
I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0 !
WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances don't get caught running a dual boot O.S. configuration with Girlfriend 7.0 and Wife 1.0 at the same time....
This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.
Best of luck,
MIS Department(Gandalf's PS: I wonder if I can purchase Cook & Clean 1.0 separately as an addition to Girlfriend 7.0 without getting the bundled Nag 9.0 program?) hehehe just kidding dear...
Thursday, February 17, 2005
Posted By Gandalf
Posted By Gandalf
Posted By Gandalf
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
Tuesday, February 15, 2005
- Ironwood Country Club:
- (DONE) Call Iron Wood Golf and check-in with Kaitlyn on the status of her laptop.
- Call Scott and see if the new hard drive has gotten here yet.
- Have Scythe go by the shop and get her laptop.
- Baldwin & Associates:
- Have Scott contact Aimee and check on the status of the proposal.
- Insurers Group:
- Have Dan call Waighty and see about revising the proposal that scared the hell out of them. ( I like that I can be candid here. It's much more efficient that writing short-hand notes on paper.)
- (DONE) Get the wireless hardware proposal information from Scythe.
- (DONE) Get the wired hardware equipment list from Dan.
- (DONE) Put lists together with labor estimate and design a quote for IHOP.
- Call the General Manager and set a time for a meeting tomorrow.
- (DONE) Call Dan and wake him up... (lol... for the third time today... hehehe)
- (DONE) Meet with Dan about the future of Computer Techs.
- Get notes back from my attorney about the contract for Dell.
- Meet with Scott about the Dell Contract and prepare for tomorrow's conference call at 1:oo PM
- Drop check off to Furniture Fair for the new furniture.
- Email the landlord to make sure he got the check for the rent.
- (DONE)Process all eBay accounting for the weekend.
- (DONE)Ship out all outstanding orders from Ohio warehouse.
- (DONE)Prepare a month-to-date invoice list for the accountant, package it with a summary report of all accounts receivable, and PDF that to the Accountant and CC my CEO.
- (DONE) Let Megan's dogs out before 2:00.
- (in progress) Be sweet to my girlfriend who isn't feeling all that good this morning.
- Meet with Tim about the Dr. Klein wireless hardware project.
- Check with Tim on the progress of the Macros for Klein.
- Return Klein's busted-ass laptop to him and let him fix it himself.
- Get the office equipment out of my home-office and have it delivered to the shop.