Thursday, March 17, 2005

This is some funny sh*t!

You know you’re an 80s/early 90s kid when… 1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE!" 2. You watched the Pound Puppies. 3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air." 4. You wore Slap Bracelets. -and had them taken away 5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-Sitters Club and tried to start a club of your own. 6. You owned those little Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls. 7. You know that "WHOA" comes from Joey on Blossom. 8. Two words: M.C. Hammer ... 9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock." 10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars. -pink and white! 11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales" 12. You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.... -what happened!? I feel bad for the kids today. 13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head. -"stephanie style" 14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" 15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school. 16. You played the game "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter Shack, House). 17. You wore a Jordache Jean jacket and you were proud of it. 18. You had at least one pair of L.A. Gear sneakers 19. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten.... 20. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing" and all the Ramona books. - and fudgemania! 21. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF" 22. You wanted to be a Goonie! 23. You ever wore flourescent clothing. 24. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off. 25. You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.... 26. You took plastic lunch boxes to school 27. You remember watching "Salute Your Shorts" -Only the best show EVER! 28. You used to say "NOT" after every fakeout sentence. 29. You remember Hypercolor T-shirts. 30. Alvin and the Chipmunks was your favorite TV show. (well, not my FAVORITE, but definatly up there... 31. You thought She-Ra and He-Man should hook up. 32. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged friendship bracelets. 33. You owned a pair of jelly sandals -Loved em even through the blisters and sweating feet. 34. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?" 35. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up!" 36. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates. 37. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip 'n' Slide. Never ever do it near gravel. 38. You have ever played with a Skip-It. I can sing the jingle too. 39. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonald's. Many many many times 40. You've gone through this list occasionally saying "totally awesome." 41. You remember Popples. 42. "Don't worry, be happy." 43. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights. Who does that!? I never went over 5 44. You wore socks scrunched down. 45. "Miss MARY MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK" With silver buttons buttons buttons.... 46. You remember boom boxes vs. CD players. 47. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies 48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!" 49. You remember watching Rainbow Brite and My Little Ponies 50. You thought Doogie Howser was hot. I had such a crush and him... 51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac. I feared for that cat. 52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool. 53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell," the ORIGINAL class. 54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME ..shot through the heart, and you’re to blaaame.. 55. You loved and still do love Bruce Springsteen OHMYGOD!!! For those of you that know me, and for those of you that don't, this was so my life! My BFF Gidge has this on her blog, so I decided to borrow it to fill you all in! Now, just how many of you know most of the things on the list? :)

1 comment:

  1. God... Bonkers. Whatever happened to those? Is there some guy in Omaha who KNEW they were going to quit making them and stockpiled them? I'd love to get his phone number. I bet now, after all those years, they're STILL softer than StarBurst!

    "What you talking about Willis" ain't funny. I'm emotionally scarred from that line. Not once in my whole life have I been able to get that line out without stuttering on BOTH "W's"... it's just not the same when it comes out like Mush Mouth! I want that one stricken from the record. May Gary Coleman die and burn in a willy-wonka-twinkie-laden hell for that line!!!

    MacGyver: Dude! I still love that guy. I'm MacGyver-ize things all the time and now I'm practicing with electricity!!!! Woohoo!

    My personal favorite was "I Ain't Gettin on No Plane Hannibal!"... THUD.

    KIT: Yeah.. remember.. I bought the lights for my car! Then I got pulled over by a cop for impersonating an officer! Dude!!! THey're RED and go from side to side... how in the hell is that like a cop you butt monkey?

    Now, my responses to the original post:

    2.) Pound Puppies sucked!
    3.) Slap bracelets were cool... but they were too gay for guys.

    19: JEM and the holograms!!! lol.. Yeah.. so what... I watched it!
    22: Two Words: Chester Copperpot!
    25: I have a whole theory on that one, but I'm not going to get into that in this forum.

    31: You goob.. He-Man and Shera were related... they couldn't do that... at least not in 37 of the 50 states.

    48: Is that anything like "Wonder Twin Powers Activate!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)