Friday, March 18, 2005

Hey all.

Hi gang. Sorry I've missed you all most of the week.... it's been a REALLY busy week for me, but it's a good kind of busy. I guess I'll fill you in on my week all in one shot, since I usually do it day by day in the morning. 1.) I got back in touch with Hal this week; an old friend of mine that used to work with me. As luck would have it, he was looking for work and I was looking to hire him... so there ya go. Serendipity at its best. He's integrated really with the team thus far and will continue to do so I think. Like everyone else on this team, he has skill-sets uniquely his own that complement ours but don't overrun those of everyone else. This makes is such that each member of our team is crucial for their one element of expertise, but can fill support roles when working in the other's area. It's not the "safest" way if you were to approach it from a corporate strategy standpoint, but it makes the work environment nice from the "I have to work with these people today" standpoint. 2.) While on a job this week, we ran into a cabling nightmare that we absolutely hated. There are about a thousand wires that we have to trace down, test, connect, install, and test again. Great minds prevailed and I think in the end we came up with a solution that doesn't exist elsewhere.... so if we can make it work, we're going to patent it and sell it. (The alternative was to have 3 guys getting paid 70.00 per hour sitting around for over 50 hours or so each trying to trace wire. WE figured this was the cheaper route for our client.) What is this amazong invention? We're calling it the "WITCh" box. (yes, the "h" is supposed to be small.) It stands for: Wiring Indentification Terminal Control" and answers the question posed by guys like me when we're in a nasty network configuration of "Which wire is this? Which outlet does this connect to? Which one of these is hot?", etc... so we found the name appropriate. Kudo's to Flash for the name of the device. Ok... now you know my week.. what have you goobs been up to? I miss you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)