Sunday, July 23, 2006

New Look: New Updates, Small Glitches

Hi all! I guess, if you're reading this, then you've seen the new look on the site. Any opinions, feedback, etc? I decided to create something that would expand or shrink depending on the width of your browser. Many of my posts of late have been rather long, and I'm also trying to include more pictures in the posts; well, the old format didn't allow any decent picture sizes without squishing the text up. So, play with it a little and give me some feedback. New Posts: Today I uploaded the last 22 posts I've written since I was last online. Yeah.. I did a lot of writing in my down time with No Internet... ugh. On a technical issue, there is a problem with the program I'm using. The "quote" character was being converted from a typographical quote into curly quotes, which causes them to look very strange on the browser. So, if you see that the posts look a little funny have no fear. I'll fix all of them tonight and upload them tomorrow when I get back to work. I'm back online now so I expect email!!!! Write me... cause I've sure as hell been holding up MY end of the bargain! lol. Talk to you all soon.

6 comments:

  1. Hey to Both of You,
    I am glad your trip went ok, Tommy.
    I can see why you compared the city to Raleigh. There are a lot of lights and Big Buildings.
    I really love the postings and the pictures are great!
    Did you go jet sking? I can't belive you have been there this long, and have not gone in the water! I have noticed from the pictures that the area outside of your hotel had no people. Are there designated swiming areas?
    Boy, making that jewelery looks like it has as many wires and stuff as the computers you are re- wiring, but a lot smaller. The pearls were gorgeous!
    Oh, I do understand about shopping with April, she can dissapear very quickly! She has been that way since she was a little thing! Right, April?
    Keep in touch,
    Love you both!
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work! The whole "high-contrast" theme is appreciated by us aging folks. BTW, forgive the "noob" question, but, can I contribute to the blog? I can't seem to find a "post" option for my own entries. Oh, and BTW, England and Ireland are beautiful. Off to Slovakia this morning; then to Bulgaria beauty. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom #2: Yeah, for a girl who loves to shop, she sure tires easily! hehe.. she's hard to spot, but getting tired quick means I don't have to run TOO far in search of her.

    Ask her about how it was today to carry groceries to the 5th floor when the elevator was broke and the power was out in the building.

    Shak: Glad to have a comment on the theme. I was trying to get something that would allow a little more horizontal posting space rather than constrict the content to 425 pixels. (The high contrast look was an afterthought.. hehehe)

    I'm thinking about adding a header graphic and changing the colors to something "bright".. any suggestions are welcome. This way, I'll be able to "theme" the site for each holiday or major event. Yes, I realize I've gone off the deep end... just throw me a life preserver and shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHAK: PS: Send me a pic of you so I can add you to the right nav-bar. Don't make me use the one I have already.. lol.. send me something cultural with you in a foreign country or something... I don't know. Anything with a good head shot I can use.
    You should have gotten my email too regarding posting on here. Let me know if you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...picture in a foreign country or something cultural? Maybe I can do that...Slovakia? Bulgaria? I think I'll figure something out.
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tommy the site looks awsome been behind the lines doing a lot of reading of what is going on over there .....what happened to me on the side ?....just curious....looking foward to seeing you guys when ya get back ...we definatley need to hang out some....i been workin to damn hard latley time to slow down

    also you can put my myspace up there also if ya want

    lee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)