Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Africa Day 3: Clockwork Cowboy

Well, today is day 3 for me. I'm sorry I haven't had the time to write more but I landed and immediately fell into a whirlwind of chaos and disorder. Thankfully at least the hotel and lodging arrangements had been made as I asked. I guess we made an impression earlier when we were here because the hotel "HOOKED ME UP" on a great room and gave it to me for less than the price of the regular rooms we had last time. April's doing great, for those of you who were asking. She's moved into the hotel with me and we're going through relationship bootcamp! lol. Any couple who can live for eight weeks in ONE room together, share a tiny bathroom, tiny shower, 5 gallons of hot water, and a rock hard bed and still come out of it in great shape is destined for happiness. So far we're doing wonderful. She's a little cramped I think but she won't complain about it. The rest of the team is not doing so good. Chris damaged his knee a few weeks back and the stress of being PM in my absence almost drove him into a nuthouse, but he's bouncing back nicely. Brad and Tyrhon look like hell, but I think that's lack of food and being overworked. Their spirits seem better today than any day that I've been here thus far. The main challenge here is just being motivated. We are in a real critical stage at this point and motivation is a key factor to help you get through those times. Tyrhon and Mike are burying themselves in spreadsheets and visios while trying to get my equipment ready to travel to the next install location, 1500 miles away. Well, I know you all want updates, but I'm currently at the site, so I have to keep this short. I love you all and will write details very soon. Take care until then. (remind me about the clockwork cowboy thing later... it was supposed to be my theme, but I got off track since I hadn't written a "hi. I'm alive" post yet.)

2 comments:

  1. Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)