Monday, December 18, 2006

A Note About The Blog: (Slooooow)

Some of you have certainly noticed a lag in the blog lately. It's not due to the amount of images or text on the page, contrary to popular belief. The problem is when I switched to this three column layout (which I've been trying to do for over a year now) I'm using a different structure, called Table Layout, as opposed to the regular layouts that blogger beta supports. Basically this means that the page can't show up in your browser until the whole entire page loads, whereas it used to load in top-down order so by the time you scrolled down it was already loaded in the browser.

This is a tough one I don't know how to easily fix just yet, but I'm working on it. I'm going to spend some time in the developer's forums this week when I have a few minutes and I'll see what I can do to remedy the situation. The only solution might be changing the whole design again, which really sucks because I love this layout. 

Anyway, if you're a loyal reader and have been noticing the lag, this is why. Bear with me and I'll fix it as fast as I can.

Happy holidays!

 

Technorati tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. I just switched over to a 3 column when I jumped on the betablogger bandwagon. I'm no coder, and had been attempting to fashion my own, but good luck.

    The site looks great, I'll have to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've fixed part of the issue, by revamping the element structure and condensing the archives into a drop-down format, which I really don't like, but it helped the speed a LOT.

    More work in progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)