Saturday, December 09, 2006

Installing Updates Without Using Windows Genuine Validation

Lots of you out there have asked me how to get past the issues created by Windows Genuine Validation, which seems to be the most annoying piece of software Microsoft has ever made. With nothing else to do today, I decided to give it a try. I actually DO have a valid copy of XP service Pack 2, so back off if you're a lawdog reading this.. so peddle your piracy crap somewhere else.

Contrary to popular belief, there are actual valid users who can't access new updates because of DLL issues, installation problems in the registry (which was my problem apparently) and other issues.

I did some Googling this morning and found the solution in about 30 seconds, which amazed me. I was trying to install Windows Media Player 11, just because I wanted to see what it does. I'm a dedicated Itunes boy now, but it never hurts to scope out the other programs out there. You never know what macroshaft will come up with next.

So, I found a program out there called muBlinder that fixes these annoying issues. All I did was run the program, and keep it running while I tried yet again to turn on media player. This time, instead of dying when it tried to check for validation, it worked smoothly! Ok. So far this program is 1 for 1.

A'ight, let's see what else this little puppy can do. While I still had it running, I downloaded the "blinder" file for Internet explorer 7. This file tells the computer that IE7 is allowed to be installed. It's a lot more complicated than that, but I'll leave it at that knowledge level for now.

Long story short; in less than 30 minutes, I've installed two programs that have been boggling me for the last three months. Viola! Now this program sits at a comfortable 2 for 2 with me. I'm actually admitting that I'm impressed. Great job guys!

So, if you're out there, and you're interested in getting the program, take a look at their site. And do Not email me for support... they have a site out there for that and you should have to go through the same headaches that I did if you want to reap the benefits.

The program is called, once again, muBlinder, and it's available from:

http://www.p2plife.com/forums/Official_muBlinder_Page-t320.html

Ok..now I'm going to work on my blog header... see ya again soon... except this time I'll have new graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)