Sunday, November 19, 2006

Opinions Needed: Blog Design

I'm sure some of you know me well enough to know that I can't leave anything alone for too long. I have this internal need to fix things even when they dont' need fixing. I'm toying around with the idea of re-theming this blog again and I want your opinions. The main thing I want to to is change the design from a 2-column design to a 3 column design.  For those of you who don't know the difference, look at this page now. All the posts are on the left side if the screen, and the menu items are all on the far right side of the screen. This is an OK look I think, but have this unquenchable desire to do more!

 

I was thinking of keeping the "people" on the right, the bios, links about the Scoobs, and other stuff. Then I'd keep the content in the middle, kind of like it is now. However, on the left I want to add some more menu functionality. Most everyone has a MySpace page now, Yahoo 360 page now, etc. Plus, I think I'd like to do some more "how-to" posts and keep those in separate categories. The new blogger beta format supports some really advanced tricks I could do that would make it simple to actually list categories of posts and make them dynamically searchable. Anyway, what do you think?

Anyone opposed to the idea? Like the idea? Think I need to find other hobbies to occupy my time? What?

 

Anyway, I'm playing with the design on a new blog that I made just to test out the ideas. You can check it out and see what you think. Coments are welcome. It's located at http://carolinaregionii.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Ok. What was that for? You know (or should) that it wasn't an intentional slight. I just see the others all the time and they've been giving me a hard time about it, so I thought to put them back. I didn't think about everyone who'd ever been on here.. I just put up the pics of those who had mentioned it. I didn't actually know the general public paid that much attention to it.

    And I don't get the "has-been" remark, but this isn't the forum to get into that here. You know you're loved, and missed. I just don't see you or hear from you much any more, but I'd love to. Anyway, I guess I'll leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it's not a new blog... I havent' invited anyone to it.. it's just the template I'm going to use when I'm finally allowed by blogger to upgrade this one to the new Blogger Beta platform. I'm just testing the ideas out on a new blog platform because I don't want to "test" here on the live site and crash everything.

    So, anyway, it's going to be the same people because nothing will change... so you ARE on it already, if that's what you were referring to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)