Sunday, November 19, 2006

Grr.. arrg. Computer Crashed

 Well, I just wrote this nice long post about how I was having a great day... then my computer crashed when I was adding two pictures to it! Grrr!

Anyway, the point of the story was that I had a really nice afternoon. I went out with Chris to Marcus' place and we shot off a couple hundred rounds from my new 22 ruger and my mom's 22 revolver. Blowing stuff up is a great way to relieve pent-up stress.

If you're interested, these are my new toys.  Left, my new Ruger .22/45 semi-automatic, single action pistol. On the right is my Mom's .22 long revolver. Yeah, my Mom's, you heard right. This was the gun given to my grandmother by the sheriff of Bertie County the year my grandfather died. The sheriff wanted my grandmother to have something around the house to protect herself with if she needed it. That would have been sometime in the mid 1960's. Years later, my grandmother left it to my mother, who's never shot it yet. so, I took it home, cleaned it up, and put a few rounds through the barrel just for old-time's sake!

 

Now, I get to sit around the house and do nothing for the rest of the evening. April is trying her hand at a recipe for chicken-n-pastry, so I'm just waiting on that to get done and we're gonna veg out a little tonight. (Of course, April just got on me for tracking mud through the house, so I guess I'll be doing a little pre-veg vacuuming! Apparently, I tracked mud from the cotton field all through the nice clean house when I got home.. oops. Sometimes we're SO Married!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)