Monday, November 20, 2006

Can't Sleep

Ok. It's 2:01 in the morning and I've been at this screen clicking the "next blog" button for about the last 30 minutes. First, I've had too much caffiene (Yes, April, you told me so.. grrr. hush! Don't say it.) Second, I was hungry. Now, two bowls of fruity pebbles later...  what? WHAT? Stop staring at me like that! So I like fruity pebbles... shut up!

Anyway, I found a neat little thing online I might try out. You know I like to write, which is no big conclusion considering how much I like the sound of my own voice I know... come to think of it, I can quite happily pontificate away in text format just as proliferously as in real life... another boon for all of you quiet people who never know what to say in a given moment. lol.

Anyhow, the point of this is, I found a website called payperpost.com that might provide me a venue for my creative marketing ideas and my desire to write, all at the same time.

Basically, it's an interesting business design concept. They are paid by sponsors, and therefore in turn pay authors (bloggers) to write opinions on a variety of categories that they have open at any given moment. Basically, it's like being paid to work in an advertising firm. They ask that you do not write for anything you can't endorse, always keep your posts honest, and if the company who's paying them likes what you wrote, they pay you a few bucks for each post.
Pretty decent idea I think... especially since I'm so opinionated anyway!

Bonus: I have something to do at 6 in the morning every day when no one else I know is awake! The only question I have is this: Would something like drive the "personal" traffic away from my site? I don't know. I'm the kind of guy who does this already anyway. You all know when I find somethign that catches my interest, I blog about it anyhow. Now, I'd just be getting paid for it from time to time. Anyway, if you have any interesting comments about the idea, I'd like to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)