Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Guess what I did last night......

Won the lottery!!! Hahahahahaha Yeah, right, like that could ever happen. :P Actually, I had to spend the night at a hotel last night, cause when we got home from work we had no power in the apartment. No power, how's that possible with what we are doing here? LMAO! Well, evidently the bill had not been paid, and since that's not our responsibility, we didn't know to monitor the situation..... so, we spent the rest of the afternoon playing phone tag with everyone we could think of to try and remedy the problem. By midnight we were tired, hot, and ill, so we checked into the hotel down the street from us. Man oh man was that AC on full blast all night!!! :D Tommy and I both were wrapped in cocoons of blankets it was so cold. We didn't complain one bit. As tired as I was, I slept in the same position until 7:00 am this morning!! That rarely happens... LOL While we were trying to work on getting the power back Gregg and I decided to take a walk to fill the time. I swear we walked from one end of Tripoli to the other!! LMAO! Yesterday was the coolest day we've had in a few weeks, which means the temp was below 100, and there was a good breeze blowing, so we figured it was the perfect time to get out and check out some more shops. But, the breeze decided to quit about 1/2 hour into our walk, and we were walking down some of the busy streets, so there were too many tall buildings blocking what little we could have felt. By the time we got home (we walked for 2 1/2 hours or so), we were drenched in sweat and ready to relax. Unfortunately, the power was still out, but at least by then we found out why.... So, we decided to pack an overnight bag and head to the hotel to get some rest. Oh, I forgot to mention, while we were out window shopping, I decided to check out this little perfume place, see if I could find some of the intoxicating scents I've smelled around here. The shop was in a stairwell of an apartment building, and all the boxes were stacked against the wall about 2 1/2 feet high. I see one bottle I'd like to check out about 3/4 the way up, so I reach to pick it up, and wouldn't you know the whole wall came tumbling down around my feet!! Luckily I had worn my tennis shoes, cause I know I broke at least 2-3 bottles. :( I tried catching some of them, but it was useless. The store owner just started muttering something in Arabic and tried shooing me away. I felt really bad, but I was not about to stay and clean up. LOL Bridget, had you been here you would have hit the floor laughing at me.... I'm sure the look on my face was priceless! Well, I should run, I figured I'd just share the fun I had yesterday with everyone so they could get a laugh too. Hopefully the power will be back on by the time we get home today, or we'll just pack up and go back to the hotel. Today seems like another really hot day, so we won't be hanging out trying to "rough it" LOL Love you all, miss ya like crazy, and I'll chat again soon! XOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Daaaggg
    You really got my hopes up!!! I was thinking, if you won the lottery, maybe, you would pay my way over to see you. I know that even if you did, it would probably be next year before I could even get my papers, for the trip;)LOL! You do know I would go, if I could, don't you? I bet Frankie wouldn't go with me, though, but then again, he might just fool me.
    Sorry to hear about your power going out. We have had our a/c go out on a Sunday night,and almost died in here, but, atleast, I could have my coffee! LOL That was for Tommy. I really do love you, you know? I hope you have got your power back, by now.
    Did you get the pictures I e-mailed? I don't know how to label them like you guys can, but I wanted you to see them. Frankie did like the spread as much as I did. Can you believe we have just celebrated 5 years? I can't, but they do say "time flys when you're having fun".
    I guess I have rambled on long enough, but I just wanted to say hi and let you know I was thinking about you.
    LOVE YOU,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)