Sunday, August 13, 2006

Africa Day 35 / Marisa Married Day 1 (Wish I Was There)

Let me first begin this by properly making consideration for she to whom this day should properly belong: Marisa. I proudly raise my glass as I sit here tonight to Marisa, Agent M, Brown, and to the wonderful womann who has shared so many other monikers in my company throughout the years. Marisa, I was flattered, indeed honored, to be invited to be in your wedding and I wish more than anything else in the world that I could have been there to share what was I'm sure a wonderful day with you. The truth is, it's 8:20 PM here, so it's only two in the afternoon there where you are, so I guess at this point, you're still not married yet. However, by the time you read this, you will undoubtedly be sharing the world with your beloved as Mrs. Marisa Dawson. (Coincidentally, this inspires me to yet another moniker; (M)arisa (D)awson = MD = "Mad Dog Dawson") Of course, I'm sure this appeals not to the family lifestyle you are aspiring to, so I shall keep this one to myself and bring it out only on rare private occasion, just to get that "M" look from you and hurriedly put it back into my book of little colloquialisms until another day.

I hope today finds you happy, Darling. I hope you have everything in your marraige that you yearn for. I long to be there with you, for you know I would gladly raise a toast in your honor. However, it would probbably start something like "I'd like to offer a t-t-t... *Clear Throat*.. a t-t-t.. A SALUTE to you... etc." All things considered, maybe you're better off with me here instead of there. Regardless, I want you to know that I will always be here for you, here for your family, and always at your call if you require it. I know you have a great man now who will take care of you, but I hope you will let me have the occasional battle to fight, just for old times' sake. I wish you and Chris the best of love and of life. I wish you the happiest moments together and even moreso I hope that you're together for all of the hardest ones too, for those moments are the ones that will yield even more strength to your love for each other. Both happy and sad moments are part of life and you've always pulled through all of them with equal aplomb, although your aplomd traditionally takes a backseat to your dramatic representations sometimes *laughs*. I'll never forget those.

In return for all the happiness a woman should have, I would only ask that you not forget those of us who will miss you. I know you're not "going" anywhere any time soon and that you're not leaving town, but I ask you to remember that we all want to be a part of your life and to be as much a part of your family as your life permits. I know I speak for all of us in the "Scoobs" when I say "We love you, we're happy for you, and we wish you the most wonderful life possible!"


Secondly, I'd like to take a moment to let all of you in on a few updates. The primary update I have to offer is that we now have communications at home. For those of you who would like to, you can reach us at the following phone number:

011-218-21-340-8626

This is our home phone number. Please remember that there are others that live here as well as April and Myself so you are liable to have someone else answer when you call. Additionally, we are 6 hours ahead of you, in case you haven't heard that a hundred times by now, but you can reach us any time as long as we're not at work. The easiest times to reach us are about 8 to 11 PM our time, so that's about 2 until 6 PM your time.
I'm hoping that we'll have internet at this location within the next week or so, but I'll update more as I know what's going on.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)