Monday, August 21, 2006

Dallas is playin' tonight and I can't watch...'cause I'm at WORK AGAIN!!!

That pretty much sums up my mood. This is my fourth night in a row at work. Dallas is playing against the Saints, and I can't watch it. I know, it's only pre-season... but it's Dallas!!!! You can't even get real-time scores for pre-season games!! That sucks!! Mitch is going to be my hero and keep calling me and keeping me updated throughout the game!! So, what's new?? Well, school started last week. I even made the effort to go to class... but my instructor didn't!!! I believe that if I can keep an A in the class and only show up part of the time, then there shouldn't be a problem because I obviously know the material. Public speaking is not going to be like that... I fear. Not only that, but you have to interact with the other students. Ugh! I like to work alone, mostly because I don't like to delegate responsibilities. I don't trust anyone to do it as well as I would. If you want something done right you've got to do it yourself. The more I experience the more I believe that. Also, in a group setting, I tend to take charge and not take input from others. It's my way! Sound familiar?? Compromising is difficult for me, not all the time, but a lot of it. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean that I'm rude or discourteous. I try to me nice to everyone, unless they are idiots. I have no patience for incompetence or ignorance. So, this is going to be a great semester! Well, now that I'm done with my rant... I had to drop my day classes and I'm really disappointed. Zoology kind of sounded fun! However, I am looking for an alternative means of employment. I am tired of being extremely under-appreciated, not so much by the doctors, but by the actual office staff. I really don't feel like getting into it here, but it has to do with the schedule and the fact that the new girl is the girlfriend of the admin asst's son. She's his baby's mama. Not only that but the admin asst's mom is the day person every other weekend for my shift. What's that word for putting family members in positions of importance?? I learned it a couple of years ago in history, 'cause that's what was happening right before the Catholic Reformation. There were all of these family members that were becoming Cardinals and Bishops. Well, now it's happening to radiology coordinators. Apparently history really does repeat itself. Anyway... I just got good news. It's the second quarter with 3min left and it's 17-0 Dallas!! I'm kind of disappointed that I don't have to do my trick for them to win though. I hope its going to be a great season. The only thing that really sucks is everyone that I used to watch games with last season aren't around anymore. :( I need new football buddies! (Preferably that are Dallas fans. I'll probably have to work on converting someone.) Meanwhile, Melissa and I are busy making plans. We have the Hank Williams, Jr./Gretchen Wilson concert on September 23, Toby Keith/Joe Nichols on October 14, and this Saturday we have a beach music festival and then Jason Aldean and Brian McComas. We also want to go to Busch Gardens sometime in October, probably closer to Halloween. It's really fun at that time of year. That way, you're not walking around sweating all day and they decorate the park for Halloween. They turn the Escape from Pompeii into a haunted house, of course I'm not necessarily saying that's a pro. The last time I went through the one at Busch Gardens I was holding on to the back of my friend Kerry's shirt with my eyes closed the whole time. Not to mention the one I went through with Rob in Vegas... and he got punched in the nose for trying to scare me. When Dana and I went last October there was a guy dressed up like a mummy that jumped out from behind the bushes to scare us. I had already heard something and I was going to warn Dana, but he beat me to it. Next thing I know, Dana screams and takes off running, but not before grabbing me. I don't know where she was planning on going, but she was taking me with her! She drug me all the way across a bridge. There's this huge black man at the other end of the bridge, bent over laughing and pointing at Dana saying, "That white girl got scared." We had a great time. I hope that we can get a group together and we can all go! I just wish that everyone could be here. :( Well, I miss you and love you all. **A special message for April: I know that things are hard and I know you feel singled out being the only girl, but don't give up. Don't lose that spit-fire country-ness that I KNOW you have, and most importantly, don't lose faith in yourself. You are a strong person and you'll get through this and when you do, you'll look back and be proud of yourself because despite all odds... you made it through it. I know you like the back of my hand and you don't let things get the best of you. If you ever need me, just send me a text message and I'll call you or I'll get on Google and we can talk it out, okay? I love you, and I want to be there for you no matter what. This distance makes it a little harder, but I'm always here, and you KNOW that. I love you so much, and I miss you, and I am so very proud of you!!! (insert big bear hug from me here) **

1 comment:

  1. I second Rouge. If you need to talk about it, vent or whatever, even if I am off IM, try me anyway. Have an IM stalker so I am stealthed most of the time now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)