Grrr. I’m posting this one to see if maybe I can help others with the same problem I’m having. It’s fixed now, but it was a pain in the arse to track down.
Using Joomla 1.5 and VirtueMart 1.1.3 I was having the problem of trying to add a new shipper to the shipper’s table. The defaults are DHL and UPS, but I needed to add USPS for the new NCBBA site I’m coding. Well, every time I added anything except UPS, it only saved the first letter, shown below:
I found the fix, though it wasn’t the same code string location as I was led to believe. I’ve seen reference to this being an issue with lines 113 and 138 on the ps_shipping.php string, but my errors were on 225 and 275 (Using SCiTe as my editor if that matters)
Anyway, here’ the fix:
Edit BOTH locations of the following text: (lines 113, 138 or 225,275, or wherever they are in your config)
OLD CODE: ($fields = array( 'shipping_carrier_name' => vmGet($d["shipping_carrier_name"]),)
NEW CODE: $fields = array( 'shipping_carrier_name' => vmGet($d, 'shipping_carrier_name'),
(Notice the distinctions between the [ characers and the quotes are changed from double to single in the new code.)
Voila! Code Fixed!
Now, when you open the code and type your new value:
You actually get THIS:
NOW I can go back to what I was actually trying to do.. after blowing two hours on 2 single characters of bad code that I didn’t even write!