Thursday, January 12, 2006

This weekend

Hey Scoobs! I'm making an official weekend plan... so please attend if you can. Seeing as we all live in the same town, it seems a shame that we don't get to hang out as much lately. So, those of you who want to hang out are cordially invited to On Cue on Saturday night. Brad Benson is playing this weekend, and he's always good for some awesome music. Those who don't want to drive can meet at my house between 8:30 and 9:00 PM. I'll be at the bar sometime after 9ish... Examples Of Invalid Excuses:
  1. My Boyfriend/Girlfriend doesn't want to go: Screw 'em! Leave 'em at home then.
  2. I'm tired: Yeah, but you're not dead. Dead would be an excuse.
  3. I Don't have the Money: Join the fucking club... maybe we should start an official foundation to raise money... for us. On Cue has no cover charge.. this one won't work.. and I don't charge to hang out.. yet. (yeah.. that one was vain on purpose! I guarantee THAT will get a comment)
  4. I have to work tomorrow: This sorry ass excuse ranks somewhere with number 2.
  5. I already KNOW all the words to the kitty cat song: So what, do you know all the various impersonations at the end yet? I didn't think so. Permission denied!
  6. I don't like Brad Benson: Have You SEEN that guy? I'm telling him you said that and he's going to have that bald mini-me guy whip your ass! (What exactly does that guy do anyway except drink beer all night and nod his head. I can do that!)
Examples of Valid Excuses:
  1. I'm Dead: Excused, but ONLY if you can have a friend bring a coroner's note. And DO NOT have a funeral Sunday morning, because all your friends will have hangovers from partying Saturday night.
  2. I have Bad Fashion Sense: Ok. Your ass can stay home.
  3. I have bad hair: Refer to number two.
Ok.. I expect you all to show up. I miss you guys. Hope to see you there. NOTE: Those of you who want to are also welcome to check out his MySpace page. April found it tonight and told me about it... so I'm linking it here.

7 comments:

  1. Ok.. can I get a yes or no from some of you people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck Norris likes blogs. They would read it if they didn't fear him. Crazy People.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to and brad benson is a great player...but i am dj'ing at ec ....but i do have a good excuse that might would work


    and that would be

    my girlfriend is in labor and delivering a child....but i don't see that happnin this weekend


    have fun

    lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to be in trouble again. I have to finish packing up my house in Rocky Mount and then my grandmothers 84th birthday party on Sunday lunch.

    Can I get if I promise that I will be all moved to Greenville by the end of the month????

    Please, please, please.

    Don't make me run like a queere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How bad does a scoob have to be to get excommunicated, exorcised, booted, and in the worse case vanished??

    ReplyDelete
  6. so, er, I am a no. I will probably be passed out on the couch after drinking too much therefore I shall be almost dead. I shall speak with Shak prior to my drinking myself senseless blah blah and see if he will bring my note.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please don't banish me. I'll do anything. You can tape me to the wall and shoot spitballs at me - you can make me do anything (except something hetero)

    LOL..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)