Wednesday, January 25, 2006

How My Life Has Changed

Well, I still haven't told everyone everything yet about the new job, and I'll get around to that, but I'd like to say for the record that WOW this is a change. There are a lot of the similar duties here that I had at computer techs, but I'm amazed at how fast Doc (he's my CEO) has promoted us in responsibility and how much free reign he's given me to work with. The one thing that is truly awesome is the scale that I'm working on now. I'm not working with ALL the customers ALL the time now, at least for the time being. I"m working on ONE customer ALL the time, and so is the whole rest of the staff. It's nice to have a staff meeting everyday and find that everyone has made progress since the day before and that things are going forward. Today was my second day, and it appears that I'm being tasked as Project Manager for the United States side of the company. I had a conference call with Lybia in the morning, and a conference call with Florida in the afternoon. Today, I have a conference call with Egypt in the morning, and a conference call with Microsoft in the afternoon. THAT part of the job is what's really fun. Because of who our clients are, I'm not speaking to some geeks at Microsoft... I'm conferencing with Microsoft's Head of Operations in North Africa. It's very interesting to see what kind of power the clients name has with companies. I'm used to business, but not used to the advantages of playing in this level of the game. Having a client that owns an entire COUNTRY makes your bargaining power a little more leveragable. Ok. I think I'll make another post and let everyone know what's going on with the new project... back in a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)