Monday, January 23, 2006

A New Life Begins

Good morning all. Today, my new life begins. How did it start? I'm glad you asked. It started with me getting up at 5 AM in the morning.... ewwww... THAT's the part I'm gonna hate. Otherwise, however, I think its going to be a good change for me. The salary is twice what me and my team were making at Computer Techs and the client projects seem to be exactly what I've been wanting to do since I first got interested in networking. Of course, I don't really know all the deatils yet, but I'll post what I can when I get time. A lot of you have asked, "Africa? What's the deal?" Well, there's a lot I can't say about the trip at this point, but I will update you with information as soon as I find it all out and sort out what's publicly admissable. At this point, here are the basics: I'm going to a country in Africa for anywhere from 1 month to 2 months (estimated at about 6 weeks). I'm leaving as soon as our passports and work visas return, sometime in the beginning of February. I don't have a date yet, but I'll update you all as soon as I can. Now, for those of who have expressed freakout-tendencies. No, I'm not going into a terrorist war zone... lol. Where we are going IS on the terrorist list of sponsored states, but at the moment, they are off the top of the charts and are considered a safe risk. No, I'm not moving to Africa. Are you friggin crazy? I love BACON way too much to move to a muslim country. Yes, I'm hoping to be able to call you from there when I get there. The cell phone won't work because of where we are, but the VoIP phone should work fairly well, and even if not, I'll be available at night (and by night, I mean night time over there, not here) when we are back at the hotel. The time difference for where we are going is 7 hours ahead of you here in the states. When it's noon here, it will be 7 PM there. No, I'm not bringing you back Muslim stuff... lol.. ok maybe I will. (But, I'm SO buying me a dishdash while I'm there.) Can we send you stuff? Not likely. Anything coming from, made in, or remotely tied to israel is strictly prohibited: (This included Coke, most CD's, and all kinds of strange things you wouldn't expect.) At the most, I'm going to email and say "Send me Marlboros! This african shit is killing me!" Ok.. I have to get in the shower and get ready for work. Have a great day, all. I hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)