Friday, February 05, 2010

A fresh look

It’s currently 12:43 AM as I sit here and compose this before bed. Those of you who are returning will notice the blog looks quite different. Some of you will like the changes and others might not. Some have commented that it “feels more like me” while others have argued just the opposite.

While I’m not sure yet of my thoughts on the matter, I am quite certain the time had come for a change.

Links to other blogs

I got the blogroll re-added after being removed for a couple of hours while I did some design work on the blog structure. I have a few friends who have been linking to me for years and I’d like to reciprocate the favor. If you aren’t aware, one of the best ways to generate search engine relevance is through link back popularity; the more people who have links to your site, the better search engines like Google grant you relevance in the blogosphere. With that in mind, if you would like a link back to my blog I would certainly appreciate it and will reciprocate in kind if you let me know you did it.

While rebuilding the blogroll listing on my own blog I decided to go with alphabetical since people might get the impression that they are more or less important to me if I listed them in the order

Other ideas

I am as yet unsure what new inspirations will come to me as I work on this new endeavor. The new addition of Pages on Google blogs certainly opens up more avenues for me to be creative. Though limited to ten pages, besides the blog itself, I think that number sufficient to allow for creation of almost a full-blown web site. I’ll be interested to see how the ideas to use my ten pages of extra content get put into implementation.

Well, at this point we all know I’m just rambling. My next task is to re-work my tags and labels, so I guess I’ll get started on that part of the tedium now. *shudders*

Technorati Tags: ,,,,

1 comment:

  1. Well, that's done! I had over 800 uncategorized posts, but I figured out a way to edit them into the proper categories with little effort. I need to write a post on how to edit unlabelled posts one day. If you're curious for your own blog, ask and I'll tell you how. Only takes a few moments if you know how to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)