Well, it seems almost strange to be saying this after so long, but Guess What? We're coming home! *doing my little happy dance*. I'm not sure what I look forward to most, but on my top list of "things I want to do when I get home" are:
- Get served a medium-well USDA steak, complete with baked potato, butter, a salad with no olives, and RANCH DRESSING. (They have no salad dressings in muslim countries... yeah.. NONE, though oil and vinegar are readily available.)
- Use the bathroom without having to carry my own toilet paper around in my pocket like a freakin' idiot.
- Enjoy a nice cup of american coffee! (I wonder if anyone ever cleaned the coffee pot at home before I left?)
- Go to a bar and have a shot of Southern Comfort... Just because I can!
- Drink alcohol that wasn't prepared in sweatsocks... No really.. I'll explain later. One word for ya: Bocha! Just ask Gregg and Mike what two glasses of that stuff will do to ya. I got pictures! Lol
- Wake up to the sounds of birds for a change, instead of jackhammers dueling at dawn!
- Drive... (I can't wait to see my jeep again.)
There are hundreds more things I can think of, but I want to take a minute to write down our flight schedule if anyone needs it. Here it is.
- Depart Tripoli, Libya on flight BA 899 on 10/9 at 1500 (9:00AM US)
Arrive in London at 1740 (1140 AM Us)
Depart London, England on flight BA 183 on 10/9 at 2000 (3:00 PM US)
Arrive in New York at 2200 ( 10:00 PM Eastern Standard Time)
(Sleep in the floor at the airport until morning.)
- Depart JFK on American Airlines Flight 4706 on 10/10 at 8:20 AM
Arrive in Raleigh at 10:10 Am.
There ya go. I'll update with more "real" content later. Right now I have to hurry up and do nothing, like I've been doing for about three weeks.
See you all soon. I can't wait to be home!