Saturday, December 27, 2008

Home after the Holidays

This was the road home today as I was leaving to come back to Greenville. I took this on Alligator River bridge, heading home from East Lake. The fog was eerie. I thought it was a neat picture, worth sharing.

DSCN0336


It’s 8:15 Saturday evening and I’ve just gotten home. We left Mom’s today around 1:00 and stopped by to see Gerald and Priscilla Holliday (Doc’s parents) on the way home. After a visit of about an hour we were back on the road again bound for the house, but only long enough for BookWorm to cook a green bean casserole, and then we were off again to Michelle and Gary’s. (Bridget’s cousin and his wife, also one of her best friends). We enjoyed a nice meal with them and then watched Clayton play WII everything for about an hour and just now returned home. Now comes the unpacking, the unboxing of gifts, trying to find new places to put things, more enjoyment of my new coffee pot, and a massive uploading of pictures to FlickR. I’m actually doing that now, while I write this post, so maybe I can have the link generated by the time I’m finished writing.

My Digital Life:

DSCN0334 
That photo is my actual life… on a daily basis. I just had to get a picture of it to share, just for the sake of humor. Right there in that shot I’m charging my iPhone, iPod, a Motorola Razr, and a Samsung BlackJack. The only things NOT shown, but currently turned on, were my iPod remote control and my GPS.  If electronic devices really DID generate deadly radiation I would have been dead long ago from gamma exposure. On the other hand, this could be a commercial for the quality of the alternator installed in my Jeep.

Well, I’m going to take a break for a moment. I just had company come over. Marcus’ wife is working tonight until 10 so he’s got some time to kill and decided to stop by and say hey. I was hoping we had some holiday food to pawn off on him, but I think it’s actually all been eaten. Thank God!

Finally, The Photos:

It took long enough, and as usual, the flickr uploader goofed up, but I finally got the 55 photos taken over the last two days uploaded to the web site. If you want to see, feel free to check ‘em out. They’re located at: http://flickr.com/photos/tommyjordan/sets/72157611750637572/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)