Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another day in the snow

Amy bakes caramel applesThe morning started way too early today. Joshua was up at 6:30 and let the dogs in the house, after which Amy had to get up, make him to back to bed for an hour (hopefully) and put the dogs back away in the garage. Not one to break with tradition I slept peacefully through this entire ordeal.

We got up about 8 and started the day in our usual fashion, which is to say I brewed coffee and got dressed to go outside and feed the dogs, play with them, and enjoy my morning constitutional M&M (Marlboro’s and Maxwell House). Amy went about making bacon, scrambled eggs, cinnamon toast, and grits. After a nice breakfast I went out and decided to run the trucks for a little while so the cold won’t get to the batteries quite so much and to work on the dog pen. The copious amounts of snow and ice accumulated on top of the tarp tent weakened the top beam so the entire dog house roof inverted into a massive bowl of snow ten feet on a side. After repairing the dog pen, cleaning the sidewalks so Amy and Josh wont slip on the ice, and playing with the dogs, we are now back in the comfort of the house. Amy is making us caramel-covered apples and Joshua is having a cherry “pit-spittin’ contest” with himself while he polishes off a bag of cherries. I do sometimes think this child has a hollow appendage or two that we have yet to discover.

 

After lunch today we are going over to Caroline and Sandy’s for some adult snow-sledding. To explain to those who don’t understand the difference, adult snow-sledding involves an upside down car hood, a tow rope, and a four-wheeler. I’ll leave it to your imagination as to how all that works to make a fun filled afternoon. I’ll try to get some pictures of the event to share later on tonight.

 

I’m hoping to get back into the habit of posting on my blog more regularly. Like any other hobby it can turn into a chore. Lately I’ve been full of material that needs to be posted, but the subject matter itself requires so much time to prepare that I don’t have the desire to do the article by the time I sit down and start thinking about it.

 

Well, we’ve just had an emergency colic call for a horse that wont’ get up, so I’m going to have to call this to a close prematurely. Until Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)