Friday, April 20, 2007

This old house... (part 4)

Well, I'm tired and don't have a lot of time to post, but I've had lots of requests to see the work thus far.. so here you go. Here's what working 7 nights after work will get ya. GOD I really want a REAL weekend!

I've now got the hardwood through the living room and almost through the dining room. I had to stop until I get that wall finished, because I dont' want the paint and chemicals to drip on to the new floor while I"m painting.

We've just setup the furniture in a hodge-podge for fun. It's SO easy to just push the couch to the whole other side of the room... I love it.

As you can see I've started the baseboard too. I replaced the standard 3" baseboard with 5 1/4" wall base... due to the high wall heights. I think it looks a LOT nicer with the higher trim.

More photos soon.

5 comments:

  1. Really looking good! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a GREAT Job!!! Can mine be next? I know after all this work it will be to hard to come home from work and have nothing to do :0)!! I can't wait to see it. Proud of you guys!!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It's been tiring as hell.. I've been working nights after work for 5 hours a night all week plus last whole weekend.. so it's got about 40 hours of work in it so far, but I LOVE to see the progress coming along each night. We're almost there.

    Now, we're at that annoying part. I've got to sand down that wall I mudded, then paint that before I can chair-rail it. Same thing goes for the back dining room wall. Only then can I lay the floor to the back wall and finish out the room. But at least I can put the furniture in the dining room now, and get it out of our bedroom. lol.

    Thanks for all the nice compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job man, Martha would be proud. Hehehe.

    And can you say metrosexual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much colour in there now! It looks great; love the flooring, much better than carpet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! Please keep the language clean. (If you are considering spamming the blog, don't bother. It's going to be deleted anyway.)